The mission of the Emmanuel Worship Ministry is to help lead others into the presence of God by modeling Biblical worship and living an authentic worship lifestyle.
• Worship is our reason for being.
• Worship is Christ-centered and God honoring.
• Worship is a lifestyle.
• Worship involves both heart and action.
• Worship is vertically, horizontally, and inwardly driven.
The worship team leads the congregational worship for all the weekend services at Emmanuel Church. The team consists of standard rhythm section instrumentation: vocalists, acoustic and electric guitars, keyboards, bass, drums and percussion and performs both current worship songs and updated arrangements of traditional hymns.
Pure Praise Bible Study
All members of the worship team participate in a small group study of the book, Pure Praise by Dwayne More. It is crucial for all of us to have a solid understanding of God’s requirements and expectations regarding worship if we are called to help lead others into His presence. The more unified and grounded we are in God’s Word–and in His will for our lives, the more God will be able to use us a vessels to bring others to Christ.
Interested in being part of the Worship Team? Contact the Worship Director
Rehearsals & Services
The Emmanuel Church Choir leads worship once a month for an entire weekend of worship services (except for June, July, and August). The choir rehearses three Wednesday evenings each month from 7:00-8:30pm, and one Thursday evening the week before we lead worship.
- To worship God, Sing His praise – not just with our voices but with our whole lives…
“Therefore, I urge you…in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship”. Romans 12:1 (NIV)
- To lead the congregation in corporate worship
- Give our best (voice & heart) to glorify God.
- Keep our focus on the Lord and not on ourselves or our music
- See music as the just the tool we use to sing & share God’s Truth
- To devote ourselves to Unity, to be an example of Unity to the congregation
- Create a safe place for us to share, to be bold, to fail, to be restored
- To pray for each other, encourage one another, and invest ourselves in the lives of choir members, and beyond our circle of friends.
- Pray for the Pastoral leadership of EBC, the leadership of the music ministry, and for God’s ministry through us.
- Live righteously in order to be a channel for God to use
- Be dedicated to our personal walk with the Lord
Interested in being part of the Emmanuel Choir? Contact the Choir Director
The orchestra is an instrumental ensemble that leads the congregational worship in conjunction with the worship band. Anyone with a minimum of three years playing experience on a band/orchestral instrument is welcome and no audition is required to participate.
The orchestra currently consists of about twenty musicians ranging in age and skill level from middle and high school students to professional musicians. Orchestra rehearsals are held on Tuesday evenings with two or three scheduled rehearsals a month. The orchestra typically leads all weekend services with the Emmanuel Worship Band once a month.